Monday, September 8, 2008

Depressing Music Playlist

There are times when I feel inexplicably, suddenly, horribly down. And all I want to do is listen to depressing music, words that express how I feel. I can't stand happy songs at these times, or love songs.

So these are the top eight because I can't think of ten right now saddest songs I've got in no order because I don't think I could rate sad songs in sadness, that would just be way too depressing for me right now (ha ha Annie Lennox pun, do you get it? no? okay I am lame.)

1. Breathe Me by Sia
2. The Saddest Song I've Got by Annie Lennox
3. Save Me by Aimee Mann
4. November by Azure Ray
5. No Surprises by Radiohead
6. Worn Me Down by Rachael Yamagata
7. My Skin by Natalie Merchant
8. Just Hold Me by Maria Mena




I really need more songs, please reply with your choices in depressing music that keeps you going through the shitty lows of life!

2 comments:

Kass said...

I really shouldn't contribute to a depressing music list since my husband has banned me from having it but most of Aimee Mann's songs are depressing (Get the Lost In Space and Magnolia albums).

Ok, that's it. I won't contribute much more.

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the saddest (but also one of the most beautiful) songs I've ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-A-iiPoLg

(You really have to listen to the lyrics...)