Sunday, October 5, 2008

the ah hah moment!!!

i love discovering songs that i feel, that were made for me and i feel every single word, well i guess words don't mean that much in isolation, but every single line i guess i mean, and each line upon line in a cumulative building effect like BAM

here is one

by Maria Mena, who is absolutely my musical love right now. She went through anorexia and depression. Difficult childhood and divorced parents, like me.
She's norwegian, apparently a popstar, but I don't think this can be pop music, the lyrics are actually meaningful.



Bye Bye

I couldn't change him if I tried
I couldn't be his doll even if I wanted to
'cause I'm me not you..
I couldn't be a little girl
I couldn't walk around like I had no clue
'cause I'm me not you..

Look where you've got me this time
I'm up against the wall like I commited a crime
Take care, I hope never to see you here,
bye, bye, I promise not to cry, bye, bye..

I couldn't lead them on like mice
i couldn't fool them all, that's not something I do
'cause I'm me not you..
I couldn't hide my purple eyes
I couldn't swallow them and not even chew
'cause I'm me not you..

Look where you've got me this time
I'm up against the wall like I commited a crime
Take care, I hope never to see you here,
bye, bye, I promise not to cry, bye, bye..

Your disguise is not fooling me
your embrace is not comfoting
and I can't follow you around
'cause I see your evil ways
and it kills your innocence
But I still followed you around...

ETA:

OK, this is entirely lame, but whenever i see her pics, i feel so jealous!!! She's so gorgeously skinny. I know she was anorexic and that's bad. But she's so pretty and thin. Sigh.

No comments: